Published: 29 May 2015
Nazanin Afshin Jam, independent and international human rights defender and ICHR advisor, has issued a statement on the newly announced event in Toronto to celebrate the life and time of Ayatollah Khomeini:
The Muslim Community of the GTA is putting on a celebration this Sunday at the Islamic Society of York Region in honour of AYATOLLAH KHOMEINI!!! He is the architect of the “Islamic Republic” of Iran (IRI). He and his followers are the ones responsible for butchering tens of thousands of innocent Iranians many without trials or due process and putting Iran into a spiral back into the middle ages with enforcement of draconian misogynistic Sharia laws which treat women as second class citizens and certain religious and ethnic minorities as criminals deserving of death. The IRI has the highest number of executions in the world per capita and comes only second in numbers after China. It has the most child executions in the world too. Read his disgusting “little green book” (Tahir al vasyleh) which serves as a guide to the nation and you will get a glimpse into his twisted, sick and perverted mind. As an example:
• "A man can have sexual pleasure from a child as young as a baby. However he should not penetrate, sodomising the child is OK. If the man penetrates and damages the child then he should be responsible for her subsistence all her life. This girl, however does not count as one of his four permanent wives. The man will not be eligible to marry the girls sister." - From Khomeini's book, "Tahrirolvasyleh", fourth volume, Darol Elm, Gom, Iran, 1990 Excerpt: Page (1)
• "It is better for a girl to marry in such a time when she would begin menstruation at her husband's house rather than her father's home. Any father marrying his daughter so young will have a permanent place in heaven." - From Khomeini's book, "Tahrirolvasyleh", fourth volume, Darol Elm, Gom, Iran, 1990
• "A man can have sex with animals such as sheep, cows, camels and so on. However he should kill the animal after he has his orgasm. He should not sell the meat to the people in his own village, however selling the meat to the next door village should be fine." - From Khomeini's book, "Tahrirolvasyleh", fourth volume, Darol Elm, Gom, Iran, 1990
• "If one commits the act of sodomy with a cow, a ewe, or a camel, their urine and their excrement become impure, and even their milk may no longer be consumed. The animal must then be killed and as quickly as possible and burned." - From The little green book, Sayings of Ayatollah Khomeini, Political, Phylosophica, Social
• If a man sodomises the son, brother, or father of his wife after their marriage, the marriage remains valid.
Just to name some of his other “honourable” pursuits and “successes”:
Under his watch the Iranian Rial plummeted. It went from $1USD = 70 Rials in 1979 when he came to power to it now being worth $1USD=33000 Rials ruining the economy and sending a good fraction of the population into poverty. Fifty percent of the population is on or under the poverty line. To this day most Iranians have to work two to three jobs just to make ends meet if they don’t already account for the more than 25% of the population that is unemployed. As a result there has been an epidemic in drug use, HIV/AIDS and prostitution. The Revolutionary guards control the people (and the money). They have a Gestapo style security apparatus that controls the day-to-day life of Iranians including heavy monitors through the Internet and media.
Because of him and his politics, six million Iranians have fled the country as immigrants or refugees. Hundreds upon hundreds waiting years in refugee camps before being granted asylum in host countries. There has been a huge brain drain on the country. He and his followers are responsible for the mismanagement of the country’s funds and resources. There has been great environmental degradation since his coming to power including vast clearcutting, grave water pollution, drying up of lakes and rivers including the famous “Lake Urumiyeh”, the slaughtering of animals including endangered wildlife and poisoning and killing domestic animals like dogs seen as ‘unclean’.
In exile before coming to power, he promised the people of Iran freedom, free housing, transportation, hydro and wanted to increase the population’s morale and sense of humanity. He promised women would be free and hijab would not be compulsory. When questioned afterwards why he did not follow on his promises and women were forced to cover their hair and denied certain jobs and freedoms he simply said he did “taghiyeh” which is a lie permissible when Islam is in danger or someone’s life is in danger. To this day the Islamic Republic of Iran is famous for applying ‘taghiyeh’ to all aspects of life and foreign policy.
There should be a day of mourning rather than a celebration on his anniversary. If you were aware that a group of people were celebrating the acts committed by ISIS would you come out in protest? Please come out to demonstrate against this tyrant that has caused so much pain anguish and unrest for so many people. We as a family moved to Canada to rid ourselves of this rubbish and to seek safety and a better life. My father was almost executed because of this monster. He and others who escaped death row and persecution should not have to go through such haunting and bitter memories again.
The event starts at 5pm. Protestors will arrive on site starting at 4pm May 31st at the corner of Stouffville Road and Leslie Street in Richmond Hill.